'A Letter to my Daughter' is the Homespun 2021 Block of the Month project designed by Natalie Bird from The Birdhouse Designs.
Homespun Magazine runs the Block of the Month instructions over 6 issues. There are 12 blocks in total, 2 blocks published in each issue. The quilt is made up of sweet sentiments and advice that Natalie has chosen to pass on to her daughter for her journey through life.
Featuring stitchery, applique, a little English Paper Piecing and machine piecing.
The binding is made using scraps from fabrics supplied in kit.
A finished size of 64" x 74" (163 x 188cm) it uses the fabrics from Natalie's own Heartstrings fabric collection plus a new stitchery panel.
The complete fabric kit contains the following fabrics …
- Heartstrings Pre-printed Linen panel (no need to trace the embroidery designs)
- Heartstrings & Birdhouse Basics fabric bundle (totaling 10.15m)
- plus 6 x Devonstone Solid fabrics
- including the 4m Backing Fabric (Blue Bird on Cream as used in Natalie's sample)
Optional Extras (purchased separately) ...
- Cosmo Thread Pack with 12 full skeins for $18 can be found HERE
- 1/2" English Paper Piecing Papers and Templates from $7.00 can be found HERE
The 'A letter to my Daughter' Block of the Month will launch in Homespun’s February 2021 issue and is over 6 issues. … you will need to purchase the magazine for the pattern and instructions.
Complete kits are postage FREE in Australia only and posted with Australia Post tracked postage.
International postage is available at exact Australia Post charges … please ask for a quote!