Advent Calendar PATTERN ONLY - A Forage by Lisa Mattock Design
This delightful and enduring symbol of the joys of Christmas makes this the ideal slow stitching project for all levels of experience. A great opportunity to forage through your personal stash of favourite fabrics and select treasured items that can be given a new life. Your only limit is your imagination, so let your Christmas spirit run free and embellish as much or as little as you like.
Requirements for this project ...
- A piece of calico – approximately 41cm x 77cm (16” x 30”)
- A piece of linen – 60cm x WOF (2/3 yard)
- Coloured backing (ref green fabric in pic) – 107cm x 56cm (22” x 42”)
- Neutral Border (ref cream fabric in pic) – 45cm x WOF (18”)
- Binding – 40cm x WOF (16”)
- Wadding – 67cm x 117cm (26” x 46”)
- Backing Fabric – 67cm x 117cm (26” x 46”)
- A mixture of vintage and upcycled textiles in lightweight, natural fibers such as cotton and linen
- Ribbons, sequins, buttons, charms, lace, rick rack or other trims for embellishment
- A mixture of embroidery threads in colours that complement your fabrics.
- A rod or piece of dowel and some ribbon or string to hang your finished piece
- Sweets, treats, notes or small trinkets to put in each ‘pocket’